Modern Companies Need to Switch to Cloud-Based Guard Monitoring & This is Why!
In your mind everything is in its place. In terms of security, you have engaged with a decent security company to ensure a high level of security for your premise. The guards wear proper uniform complete with hats, walkie-talkie, baton and all; they look legit. So, what could be wrong? What should you know before engaging a guard service from a security company? Plenty, to be honest. Proper uniform, while necessary, cannot promise you a high level of security that you desire, only a good system could.
Facts about Conventional Guard System
Lack Transparency - Conventional guard system usually involves manual data collection, which means that the data can be tempered with, to present a much desired report to the boss and the client. Hence, you might receive a doctored report instead of the honest one just so you are satisfied with the report and pay the company accordingly.
Delayed Reports/Data - Conventional security guard equipments do not have the capability to emit the data to the control room on the spot. Hence, you can only get the data or information at the end of a shift. This is not enough when the real-time data is readily provided by some other services, and accessible from anywhere through browsers.
Lack Value - Data remains as data and it’s not as useful unless it can be interpreted into reports that can be used to keep the customers safe and the assets protected.
Complication Reduces Effectiveness - Most conventional software for patrolling system is complicated to use, difficult to set up or unable to respond to commands properly; and the guards on duty can’t be expected to handle all that on top of providing patrol services.
Expensive - Hardware is expensive and investing money on unnecessary hardware would only cost you money but it doesn’t equate effectiveness.
To get more value for the service, customers must be well aware of the technology trend in the market and tap on that to bring advantages to your establishment. Choose a system that can provide real-time data, not hardware-heavy, free from data manipulation, provide instant reports, offer simple operation yet effective outcome and most of all, the system must be affordable and scalable to the business’s requirements.
1. Tap on BYOD/simple IoT, i.e. Smartphone; App is free and easy.
2. Checkpoint hardware is simple, inexpensive, easy to install and easy to configure.
3. Can be scaled according to business’s requirements, up or down without having dire cost implications.
4. Report of incidents can be submitted instantly; complete with video, photo attachment for fast review and remedy.
5. Reports can be generated at any time, via any web browsers.
6. Data integrity is intact with no possible data manipulation.
7. Support and maintenance is taken care by the supplier.
8. The service is affordable.