Discover the Easy Ways to Tackle Employee Leave
Taking leave from work is pretty awesome but for human resources in charge of managing employee leave, the task can be daunting and cumbersome especially in busy and festive month like December. The more employees you have, the tougher the job becomes. Avoid this administrative nightmare by deploying a feasible modern solution that could help you manage your workforce leave and maintain a productive workplace. A good leave management solution must let you:
1. Be clear about your company’s leave policies
Outline clear leave policies for everyone to adhere to. Define your leave policies and make them available for all employees as soon as they are onboard. How do you set your leave policies? Here are some pointers:
- Leave Types: Define the different types of leaves your company provides and the allocation in days. For example annual leave at 12 days, sick leave 6 days, maternity leave 60 days, and etc. You can also create your own, if you wish to.
- Accruals: Be clear about the rules of leave allocation. How many leave days do employees get each year by default? How long do they have to serve the company before they deserve additional leave allocation? When will the accrual be calculated? If the employees don’t use all their allocated leaves, how many days can be carried over to the following year?
- Approval: An early “heads up” is always good. Specify how long in advance do you need your employees to notify their superiors for leave approval process. This would provide enough time allowance to work on other arrangements if needed, during the absence of a certain employees.
2. Determine observed holidays and possible peak working weeks from the get go!
2018 has just started and it is important for any company to mark the calendar for observed holidays and determine the possible peak time for the company’s operation. Set a limit for leave applications during these crucial times, set the crunch time and block any leave application during these time if necessary to ensure smooth operation and most importantly to avoid dissatisfaction coming from your employees.
3. Transparency is key to employee engagement
Now that your leave system is set, provide access to your employee to view their own leave information. Employees should be able to review their own set of leave balances and apply leave directly from the mobile app. With the information provided, it’s also easier for the employee to plan their leave for the whole year with company’s interest in mind.
Poor leave management or even worse, manual leave management can lead to frustrations from all parties involved if the matter is not taken care of properly. It’s time to automate leave management processes, set your rules and regulations, and let it runs automatically while giving you accurate outcome and balance at all times throughout the year. By having an amazing mobile app on leave management, it can further ease leave application and approval for both bosses/managers and employees.